@home Property Management Pty Ltd has developed the following policy for handling complaints:
- All complaints must be made in writing and addressed to the Director of @home Property. This can be by way of email to firstname.lastname@example.org or letter to 116 St John Street, Launceston.
- Once a complaint has been received, within 7 days the Director will: a) Accept the complaint, wholly or partly; or b) Reject the complaint in writing
- If the Director accepts the complaint, and restitution is required to be made to the complainant, the Director will arrange for the restitution to be made –
a) Within 14 days after accepting the complaint; or
b) If both parties agree, by a later date.
- If the Director rejects the complaint, the Director must give the complainant written reasons for the rejection. This may be done by email or letter.
How we will handle your complaint
We will oversee the complaints process. We are responsible for working with you and relevant agency staff to ensure that the issues you raise are fully examined and your complaint is handled in accordance with this process.
We will treat the process, and all the details of your complaint, in strict confidence. If we need to discuss any issues arising from your complaint with someone outside the agency, we will obtain your consent first.
We will always try to give you a fair opportunity to explain your case. You should make your initial complaint as clear as possible. Sometimes we may want to meet you in person to discuss your concerns and try to find a satisfactory solution.
How long will it take?
We will try to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. However, how long this takes will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues you have raised.
We will send you acknowledgment of receipt of the complaint within seven business days.
What action will we take in response to your complaint?
If we discover that the complaint is justified, we will work towards an amicable solution in order to resolve the issue. We will always try to match our response to the nature of your complaint and your desired outcome where possible.
Some of the things we might do include:
- take steps to rectify the problem or issue you have raised
- give you additional information or advice so you can understand what happened or how we have dealt with it
- take steps to change our policies or procedures if your complaint identifies a problem in the way we are doing things.
What if you still feel your complaint remains unresolved?
It is very rare, however sometimes it will not be possible to resolve a complaint to satisfy all parties. In this case you can choose to escalate the matter to the Property Agents Board Tasmania. A complaints form can be found on the website www.propertyagentsboard.com.au.